Smoked Sausage with Dirty Rice
Author: Curtis Packing
Serves: 6-8 servings
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 5 cups chicken stock, divided
- 2 tbls vegetable oil
- 1 lb Georgia Best Brand smoked pork sausage, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Make the rice, in a medium saucepan combine the rice and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until all the stock is absorbed into the rice, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a heavy-bottomed saute pan over medium-high heat. Brown the sausage. Once browned, add the garlic, onion, celery, and green bell pepper. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add 1 cup chicken stock and cayenne. Cook until the stock has reduced a little. Add the cooked rice and parsley and stir thoroughly. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if needed.