Italian Pasta Sausage Soup
Author: Curtis Packing
Serves: 6 (1½ cup) servings
- 1 LB. Georgia Best Italian sausage links
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 14½ oz cans chicken broth or water
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. basil leaves
- 1 tsp. oregano leaves
- 16 oz. pkg. Green Giant Frozen Pasta Accents with Garlic Seasoning
- Grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Place sausage links in a large saucepan. Add eater to a depth of about ½ inch. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover; simmer 10 minutes or until sausage is partially cooked; drain.
- Slice sausage into ½ inch slices; return to saucepan. Add tomatoes, chicken broth (or water), tomato sauce, basil and oregano; blend well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in Pasta Accents. Cover. Return to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.