Smoked Sausage and Rice
Author: Curtis Packing
A mixture of sausage, broccoli cheese soup, peas and rice for an easy recipe everyone will enjoy.
- 1 pkg Georgia Best Brand smoked sausage
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 can condensed broccoli cheese soup (10-3/4 ounces)
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 can sliced mushrooms, drained (4 ounces)(optional)
- Cut sausage on an angle into ½" slices.
- Prepare rice according to package directions; keep warm.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes; add sausage, onions and peppers. Cook, stirring frequently 5-6 minutes or until sausage is lightly browned and vegetables are tender. Add peas and cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally until peas are hot.
- Gently stir in cooked rice, soup, milk and mushrooms if desired; heat through.