Pig in a Blanket
Author: Curtis Packing
Serves: approx 20 servings
A great appetizer for your next party or cookout.
- 1 pkg Georgia Best Brand Small Smoked Sausage
- 1 refrigerated pie crust or favorite canned biscuits
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbs water
- Open package of sausage and cut into 2" pieces
- Unfold softened pastry sheet or open canned biscuit dough on lightly floured surface. Roll dough out to a thin sheet, cut into 1 x 1.5" strips
- Wrap each piece of dough around each sausage piece, seal edges. Place seam-side down on ungreased cookie sheet. Combine egg and water, brush over dough.
- Bake 12-15 mins or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes and serve.