Author: Curtis Packing
A mixture of sausage, peppers, onions and garlic, with a cornbread crust. Great anytime.
- 1 pkg Georgia Best Brand smoked sausage, diagonally cut into bite size pieces
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 onion, medium, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 can diced tomatoes, save juice
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 box corn muffin mix, see package for prep directions
- Preheat oven to 400" F
- Heat a 10" oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat and add smoked sausage, cook until browned. Add garlic, onion and bell pepper and cook until vegetables are soft, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, salt, tomatoes with their juice and beans. Cook for 3 - 5 minutes, until mixture starts to bubble. Turn off heat and stir in cheese.
- Mix jalapeno into the prepared corn muffin mix. Spread corn muffin batter over the mixture and bake until golden brown and cooked through, 20 -25 minutes.