Sausage Potato Casserole
Author: Curtis Packing
Serves: 4-6 servings
An easy to make casserole using sausage. Could be made for brunch or to take to a covered dish event.
- 1 lb Georgia Best Brand Pan sausage
- 1 10¾ oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes (1¼ lbs)
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink: drain. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, onion, salt, and pepper.
- In an ungreased 11 in. x 7 in. baking dish, layer the potatoes, soup mixture and sausage; repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1½ hours or until potatoes are tender. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.