Italian Sausage with Bow Tie Pasta
Author: Curtis Packing
Serves: 5 servings
Simple pasta dish that is delicious and taste like you slaved over a hot stove for hours!!
- 1 pkg (16 oz) bow tie pasta
- 1 lb Georgia Best Brand Italian sausage links
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1½ tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 14½ oz cans Italian stewed tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a covered pan cook the sausage, onion and pepper flakes over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute longer and drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, cream, salt, and basil. bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta; toss with sausage mixture. Cover with cheese.