Sausage, Peppers and Onions
Author: Curtis Packing
Great recipe for a meal alone, or add a side such as roasted potatoes.
- 6 (4 ounce) links Georgia Best Brand sausage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- I large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup white wine
- Place the sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, and brown on all sides. Remove from skillet, and slice diagonally into bite-size pieces.
- Melt butter in the skillet. Stir in the yellow onion, red onion, and garlic, and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in red bell pepper and green bell pepper. Season with basil, and oregano. Stir in white wine. Continue to cook and stir until peppers and onions are tender.
- Return sausage slices to skillet with the vegetables. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes, or until sausage is heated through.